About the opportunity
Mitre are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join on a permanent full-time basis on a competitive salary. The candidate should be highly experienced with significant knowledge of the building industry, particularly of heritage buildings based in London.
The candidate should contain high communication skills and fit the Person Specification & Qualifications listed below. The candidate will be required to interact closely with clients at all stages of the construction process.
- Highly experienced in External & Internal Refurbishment projects
- Experienced in the procurement of subcontractors
- Experienced in measuring & pricing variations
- Preparation & Agreement of Final Accounts, both on the Main Contract & with Subcontractors
- Ability to successfully manage numerous diverse projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Experience of providing procurement advice, post contract services, including Final Account agreements
- Knowledge & Experience of JCT Contracts
- Able to build long-term relationships with cost consultants and other clientele.
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Competent IT Skills, particurlarly in Excel.
Training and Qualifications
- Obtains a CIOB or RICS Accredited Qualification & Construction related degree.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline