About the opportunity:
Mitre are looking for an experienced Site Manager to help manage and support our office and on-site project team on a approx 57 week external refurbishment project based in Kings Cross, London. In addition to an astute eye for quality and significant knowledge of external refurbishment projects, the ideal candidate should have successfully run sites of up to 20-30 operatives and sub-contractors, and should possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience as a Site Manager/Non- working Foreman within the external refurbishment industry.
• Vast knowledge on the following works: concrete repairs, window & flat entrance door replacements, lead work & pitched roofing
• Supervision and coordination of site personnel and subcontractors
• Undertake site audits to ensure compliance with the H&S Plan, current legislation and HSE guidelines
• Ensure that all Mitre Construction COVID-19 site procedures are followed at all times
• To manage the accident, incident and near miss process including emergency attendance. This includes reporting and liaising with our and the clients H&S Consultants to effectively and efficiently act in accordance with HSE guidelines
• The reporting of all site activities, including variations to the specification
• Liaise with residents, inclusive of vulnerable people.
• Attendance in all site meetings with the project team and client
• Ability to fully understand all RAMS documentation, in addition to specifications and drawings issued by the client
• Direct and supervise day to day operations of operatives and sub-contractors ensuring appliance of common operational procedures that comply with health and safety requirements.
• Ensure works are carried out safely fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy Procedures.
• Schedule, control and monitor all plant and materials under your control
• Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular quality inspections
• Liaise with a Contracts Manager and Quantity Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and confirmation of instructions
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication & organisational skills needed in order to liaise with residents, clients and the Mitre Construction on-site and office-based project team
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
Training and Qualifications:
• CSCS card (crucial)
• SSSTS or SMSTS
• First Aider
• NVQ Certification (level held to be confirmed)
• Asbestos Awareness
• Working at Heights
• PASMA Card Holder
• Computer literacy (predominantly e-mail based- essential.)