About the opportunity:
Mitre are looking for an experienced Site Manager to help manage and support our office and on-site project team on a 30-40-week internal refurbishment project based in South West London. In addition to an astute eye for quality and significant knowledge of internal fit-out/refurbishment projects, the ideal candidate should have successfully run sites of up to 20-30 operatives and sub-contractors, and should possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience as a Site Manager/Foreman within the internal refurbishment/fit-out industry
• Supervision and coordination of site personnel and subcontractors
• Undertake site audits to ensure compliance with the H&S Plan, current legislation and HSE guidelines
• To manage the accident, incident and near miss process including emergency attendance. This includes reporting and liaising with our and the clients H&S Consultants to effectively and efficiently act in accordance with HSE guidelines
• The reporting of all site activities, including variations to the specification
• Attendance in all site meetings with the project team and client
• Ability to fully understand all RAMS documentation, in addition to specifications and drawings issued by the client
• Direct and supervise day to day operations of operatives and sub-contractors ensuring appliance of common operational procedures that comply with health and safety requirements.
• Ensure works are carried out safely fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy Procedures.
• Ensure material requisitions are issued in adequate time to achieve the Construction Programme.
• Schedule, control and monitor all plant and materials under your control
• Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular quality inspections
• Liaise with Site Manager and Site Colleagues regarding cost control, waste management, variations and confirmation of instructions
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of environmental management and quality systems
• Ability to use own initiative and apply a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness.
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication & organisational skills needed in order to liaise with clients and the Mitre Construction on-site and office-based project team
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
Training and Qualifications:
• SSSTS or SMSTS
• First Aider
• CSCS card
• NVQ Certification (level held to be confirmed)
• Asbestos Awareness
• Working at Heights
• PASMA Card Holder
• Computer literacy (predominantly e-mail based- essential.)