About the opportunity
Mitre are looking for an experienced Site Manager. The candidate should be highly experienced with significant knowledge of the building industry, particularly of heritage buildings based in Central London.
The candidate should contain high communication skills, in addition to the qualifications listed below. The candidate will be required to interact closely with clients at all stages of the construction process.
- Responsible for managing the site and deliver key packages to the highest quality and to budget
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to at all times and all health and safety documentation is present on site.
- Ensure site records are updated and maintained; including labour time sheets, plant, materials and goods returned, project progress photos, site inductions, site instructions and health and safety records.
- Control and monitor the use of all resources
- Including sub-contractors to minimise costs and maximise efficiency.
- Identify the need for Risk assessments/Safe Systems of work and implement on site
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation and audits are completed correctly in a time efficient manner.
- Monitoring of site progress against programme and highlighting potential project risks.
- Able to liaise with Client/contractors and have confidence when attending meetings
- Confident in leading a team and taking responsibility for works programme
- Computer literacy of a high standard.
Training and Qualifications
SMSTS – Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
SSSTS – Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme
First Aid at Work
Asbestos Awareness Certificate
Working at Height (WAH) Certificate
Enhanced DBS Checked